It’s that time again: the competition for ambitious and enterprising filmmakers has returned.
Here’s your chance to make it to the big screen. No, we’re not talking to actors. We’re searching for the next super talented filmmaker to share our screen with (but hey, there are no rules against starring in your own film). Do you have a brilliant, original story to tell the world? Are you made for the endlessly entertaining #LACSLife?
Beginning April 11th through May 11th, the Los Angeles Center Studios Filmmaker Competition invites all emerging filmmakers to submit their original film for the chance to have it shown at our state-of-the-art 350-seat-theater screening event. This year, we’re adding a public voting poll, which will open starting May 19th through May 25th for all fans and viewers to show their support. The three (3) contestants with the highest votes will be automatically qualified for the final round of winner selection.
You provide the entertainment and audience. We provide the venue!
Ready for your big debut? The rules are simple:
- Open to all film creators
- One entry per person
- Film must have been completed after January 1, 2015
- The submitted film must be complete
- Any length film is acceptable, although feature-length films are encouraged
- Must be available week of June 13, 2016 for exclusive screening
- Film Eligibility: Films that have been previously submitted and/or featured at film festivals are eligible for submission. Films that have been released via any home video or other distribution platform including, but not limited to, DVD, Blu-ray or video on demand, broadcast on television or the Internet, or had a public theatrical screening anywhere in the world, are not eligible for this program.
For official terms and conditions, click here.
How to Enter
No one knows the story better than you, so send us a trailer. Blow us away.
- A trailer or teaser of the film must be uploaded to Vimeo and/or YouTube
- Submit the video URL for the film trailer or teaser to the official Los Angeles Center Studios Facebook Contest page between April 11th and May 11th. Include your name and contact information for your submission to be considered for the grand prize.
Behind the Scenes
Contestants are strongly encouraged to reach out to their friends and family to participate in the Facebook contest voting poll between May 19th and May 25th and support their trailer. The three (3) contestants with the most fan votes will be automatically qualified for the final round of judging by a panel of industry experts at Los Angeles Center Studios. Final round contestants will be contacted to submit their full-length film for final scoring. The winner of the grand prize screening will be announced on Friday, June 3rd, on our Facebook page.
Are you ready for your very own Private Screening Event at Los Angeles Center Studios? Our advice? Be YOU. We want to see the next great filmmaker, so submit your trailer and give us your best shot (literally).